Orthopedic Physical Therapy Associates is Going Green!
Orthopedic Physical Therapy Associates is committed to helping save our planet’s precious resources. We believe it is important to be environmentally responsible not only for our benefit but for the benefit of our children and future generations. We understand that our business has both a direct and indirect effect on the environment and that we can help educate our employees and patients not only of our efforts but of ways they can make a difference in their lives as well.
Areas where OPTA is making a difference:
- Our clinic is set up with a zoned lighting arrangement, allowing us to turn off lights in the area of the clinic where no activity is occurring. Although we have nearly 3200 square feet of space to treat patients, not every area is used consistently; we have reduced our lighting by a third and still maintain a safe, well-lit treatment area.
- The majority of our treatment rooms and staff offices have large windows which allow for natural sunlight to illuminate the rooms. In the summer months our rooms often receive natural sunlight throughout our normal treatment schedule.
- Our computers are shut down every evening, and equipment is unplugged from the wall socket or surge protectors are turned off when not in use.
- We only operate our washer and dryer during off-peak hours. This also minimizes the heating effects on the clinic during the day, reducing the load on the air-conditioning system.
- We only run our washing machine with a full load to avoid water waste.
- Our staff uses a water-less hand sanitizer after every patient, significantly reducing the amount of water used for hand-washing.
- OPTA only purchases paper products with a minimum of 40% post-consumer waste content.
- All paper is shredded for privacy and then recycled along with discarded magazines.
- We recycle our used inkjet and toner cartridges and purchase only remanufactured cartridges. For more info, visit www.pginkjets.com
- Discharged patient charts have been scanned and stored electronically, allowing for recycling of old charts.
- Electronic communication between our offices, vendors, and patients is highly encouraged for efficiency.
- Our clinic is a collection site for old cell phones, batteries, and other E-Waste. Plastic bottles, and aluminum cans are also collected and taken to be recycled.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.